Worldy Group Logistics, subsequently referred to as ‘we’ and The Client, subsequently referred to as ‘you’, agree to abide by the following terms and conditions for all orders and services from 2020 onwards.
You confirm and agree that:
- You have full responsibility for the administration of the consignment by the owner or have received full authorisation from the owner in respect to the delivery of the consignment.
- All packages are safe to be handled by us and conform to the size and weight you have advised.
- Packages do not contain any illegal materials including, but not limited to ammunition, firearms, monies, drugs and stolen goods. We will accept no liability for such goods and reserve the right to actively seek to pursue you for any actual and circumstantial losses that we incur by inadvertently carrying these goods. You will indemnify us against any such costs as a result of a breach of your warranties.
- Packages do not contain food, monies, alcohol, medicines, plants or any perishable goods; unless previously confirmed in writing and agreed to by us. Otherwise, we will accept no liability whatsoever for carrying such goods.
- Packages are not fragile unless confirmed otherwise by you in writing. We will have no liability for any damage caused to such goods.
- Packages do not contain dangerous goods which may cause harm to our drivers and/or our vehicles. We will accept no liability for such goods and reserve the right to actively seek to pursue you for any actual and circumstantial losses that we incur by inadvertently carrying these goods. You will indemnify us against any such costs as a result of a breach of your warranties.
- We reserve the right to open or inspect your consignment.
- It is your responsibility to ensure the packaging is suitable and correct. We will accept no liability for damage caused by poor packaging. You will indemnify us against any such costs incurred as a result of this.
- You will provide the necessary equipment and staff for loading and unloading the package in your premises.
- The delivery address will also have the necessary equipment and staff for unloading the package.
- We may, at our discretion, provide support in the loading and unloading. We will accept no liability for this service and you will indemnify us against any actual and circumstantial losses incurred as a result of this provision.
- You will provide us with the full delivery address and the address label will be affixed to the package.
- We will find the most suitable route for us to reach the delivery destination within the agreed timeframe.
- The time band for the delivery will be agreed before the order is processed.
- The delivery will end when the package is delivered to the agreed delivery address. We will on occasions receive a signatory confirmation of delivery but this is not guaranteed unless confirmed in writing when the order is processed.
- We will always aim to deliver the package on time. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery or the non delivery of goods due to force majeure.
- If we are unable to deliver the goods due to the address being incorrect, the premises not being accessible or the recipient not being available, we will attempt to call you to find a solution. In the event that a solution can not be found, the package will remain undelivered. You will be able to choose for us to try to redeliver on another suitable time, receive the goods back or for us to destroy the items. All of these options will incur a cost, which we will make you aware of before you confirm your preference.
- Notwithstanding the terms above, you must notify us of any claims within 48 hours of delivery of goods. Failure to do this, renders any claims for losses unsubstantiated.
- Any claims arising from late delivery are limited to the full cost of the service itself.
General and Cancellation Costs
- A cost for the delivery will be agreed in advance of the order being processed.
- A means of payment will be agreed with you in advance of the order being processed.
- Once the order has been placed and agreed in writing, any cancellations will be charged in full by us.
- Any deviation from the cancellation terms must be confirmed in writing by us at the time of order confirmation.
- Any failure on your behalf to pay the agreed costs will result in a breach of this agreement from your side. We reserve the right to immediately withdraw our service in such an occurrence.
- We reserve the right to charge 5% per calendar week for delayed payment of invoices subsequent to delivery.
- Waiting time on both the pick up and delivery addresses will not be charged for the first ten minutes. Thereafter, waiting time will be charged at £10 per half hour.
- Our services are covered by a goods in transit insurance. Our sole liability for loss, mis-delivery or non-delivery of or damage to any consignment whether caused negligently or otherwise, is limited to the lesser of: the value of the consignment, or the part of the consignment as appropriate, which has been lost, mis-delivered or damaged; the cost of repairing any damage to the consignment; and the sum specified to a maximum liability of £10,000.00, unless advised to the contrary at the time of order confirmation.
- You will supply any relevant documentation in relation to claims for damages and will send in paperwork as required by our insurers.
- If claiming under our insurance; we, in conjunction with our insurance company, will assess the damaged goods in order to ascertain associated costs. No other assessment will be recognised.
- Any extended covers that you require must be taken out by you.
- These Conditions will be the exclusive way in which our two parties work together.
- You confirm that you are a specific representative of your company and have the authority to approve this agreement and these conditions.
- Accepting a delivery order in writing by you to us will be conclusive evidence of your acceptance of these conditions.
- Any variations to these Conditions must be received in writing.
- Any failure by us to enforce or partially enforce any provision of these conditions will not amount to a waiver of our rights.
- These conditions are personal to you and remain private and confidential.
- All communications between the parties about these conditions must be in writing.
- All aspects of these Conditions are governed by English and Welsh law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- You consent to the use of your data for the sole purpose of our commercial trading relationship. We will only share your data for the specific use of the undertaking of an order. We are bound by specific conditions pertaining to data protection and you are welcome to view these at any time.
- We may employ or subcontract work, in our discretion, in the performance of our duties to you. Any subcontractor will abide by such terms with the same liability as Worldy Group Logistics.